YPT Extension classes
YPT offers extension classes to currently enrolled drama students to further develop their skills, confidence and understanding in other areas of the performing arts.
Students in years 2 to 10 must enrol in a Drama class before they can access the extension class program as Drama provides the foundational skills for all our classes.
Year 11 and 12 students may choose either Think Beyond Drama or Think Beyond Musical Theatre class. Following enrolment in a Think Beyond Class, they may access other Extension Classes applicable to their Year group. Refer to the Extension Class list below.
BEHIND THE SCENES
YPT offers two Behind the Scenes classes, one for students in Year 7 to 12 Beginners and a second class for students in Years 9 to 12 Advanced.
These classes include the technical aspects of theatre including lighting and sound design and operation; backstage crew, stage management, etc. The classes cover both theory and practical aspects of production support. Students in these classes will get the opportunity to provide technical support to YPT productions and events.
Musical Theatre combines the disciplines of Singing, Dancing and Acting into one high-energy class. This Ensemble based class is perfect for students who wish to challenge themselves in a fun and supportive environment while they learn how to tell stories through voice, movement and characterisation.
- Musical Theatre 1: enrols students in Year 5 and 6
- Musical Theatre 2: enrols students in Years 7 and 8
- Musical Theatre 3: enrols students in Year 9 and 10
SING ACT MOVE (enrols students in Years 2, 3 & 4)
Sing-Act-Move is the perfect introduction for students interested in exploring the basics of singing, dance, and storytelling. A fun, engaging and supportive class where students learn the fundamentals of performance such as rhythm and musicality through voice work and movement sequences. Students learn to use their voice and bodies to tell stories and keep active in an upbeat and energetic class. This a great introduction class for students interested in auditioning for our productions or doing Musical Theatre or Dance in future years.
Dance classes enable students to increase coordination and flexibility. YPT offers classes in Tap and Jazz dance. Students who attend these classes are more confident when approaching an audition for a musical theatre production. We really encourage young people who might never have entered a dance studio to try our inclusive classes.
- Tap Minis: enrols students in Years 2, 3 & 4
- Tap Level 1: enrols students in Years 5 & 6
- Tap Level 2: enrols students in Year 7 to 12 Beginners
- Tap Level 3: enrols students in Year 9 to 12 Intermediate to Advanced
- Jazz Kids: enrols students in Years 3, 4, 5, & 6
- Jazz Level 1: enrols students in Year 7 to 12 Beginners
- Jazz Level 2: enrols students in Year 7 to 12 Intermediate
- Jazz Level 3: enrols students in Year 9 to12 Intermediate to Advanced