Expression of Interest: Singing Tutor
Young People’s Theatre (YPT) Newcastle Inc. is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced singing teacher to tutor in 2019. This position reports to a Theatre School Coordinator and to the Executive.
Singing lesson schedule includes Saturday mornings and weekday afternoons/evenings,
To be considered for this position, please submit an EOI of no more than two pages addressing the below criteria. A selection panel will consider all applications and will be in touch if you are successful in progressing to an interview.
- Be a Financial or Life Member of YPT (or be prepared to become one if successful in gaining a position); comply with the YPT Code of Conduct; adhere to the YPT Constitution and policies; comply with the Working with Children legislation including WWCC registration.
- Qualifications and experience to provide highly effective singing teaching in a structured theatre school environment; available for YPT singing lesson schedule.
- Demonstrated experience in developing a tailored program of singing lessons for young students of various ages.
- Capacity to employ a range of strategies to maintain ongoing vocal development and health in young people.
- Strong ability to facilitate and support student completion of Trinity examinations.
- Expert organisation and communication skills.
Hours and wages to be determined based on organizational needs and relative experience.
Email your EOI (maximum two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOI applications close Wednesday January 9, 2019 at 5pm.